It’s that time of year again, Valentine’s Day.
In previous years, we’ve loved hosting events in our little Drinking Den, it’s a prime spot for first dates, romantic evenings and just to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Last year, we hosted Cocktail Making for 2, where we showed you lovely lot how to make some delicious cocktails with a Valentine’s Day twist, along with Gin Infusion kits & sweet treats to take home with you.
We at Blind Tyger cannot wait until we can get events like this going again, but until that day comes, we still want you to have a little bit of Blind Tyger flare this Valentine’s, so check out the Chocolate Flip Cocktail below!
This is a banging drink that’s also great fun to make. If your partner loves a White Russian this will seriously open their eyes.
You only need a basic two tin cocktail shaker to make it and you get to get chocolate all melty which is great.
What you will need:
- Aprox 25ml Tempered Dark Chocolate
- 50ml Spiced Rum (Or vanilla vodka, bourbon, brandy, tequila… most things work. It’s insane with Cognac if you have some.)
3 Drops Vanilla Essence
- 3 Drops Rose Essence
- Teaspoon Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
How to Make
- To make simply drop a couple of squares of dark chocolate into your cocktail shaker.
- Take the other half of the shaker and half fill it with hot water.
- Float the tin with the chocolate in and stir the chocolate with a spoon till it melts.
- Once the chocolate has melted throw away the hot water and use a little ice to chill the tin that had the hot water in. (Don’t add ice to the chocolate tin yet as the chocolate will solidify.)
- Add 50ml spiced rum, a teaspoon of caster sugar, 3 drops of vanilla essence and 3 drops rose essence.
- Mix with a bar spoon scraping melted chocolate from the bottom of the tin.
- Add ice then crack in a whole egg.
- Shake incredibly hard until you see frosting outside the tin.
- Strain out the ice.
- Shake again with no ice in a circular whipping motion.
- Taste it, if it tastes a little strong add some more sugar and give it another whip in the tin. If it tastes a little weak.. it’s your booze go nuts.
- Pour your flip into a chilled glass through a sieve.
- Finish with a hit of freshly grated dark chocolate and maybe a rose petal on top.
You don’t have to go spice rum, vanilla and rose, that is just a super accessible way to do it. Feel free to be creative and pair different spirits and flavours.
Be sure to check out our social for more recipes and ideas whilst you’re at home!